Monday, March 22, 2010

643 days to go.

Been messing around with my 30 by 30. I think it's important to stay fluid on what this list in and adjust it without totally corrupting it. And I had to update it as well because a few more are DONE! I've left the whole list below but here are the mods and the explanations. I recognize that this might be a really boring post for most cause it's all about ME ME ME but I find that saying things on my blog mean that I have to actually do them. If I kept this list to myself it might never get done so please bear with me! BEARS!!!

Dones!

#14. Pick up some kind of activity or sport thingie DONE! Yoga has been maintained for over six months and now I'm biking so check check and check.
#22. Participate in a charity marathon even if I just briskly stroll the whole thing Done. June 7th, 2009 Childrun for BC Childrens' Hospital
#28. Adopt another kitten DONE! February 17th, 2010.

In Progress...

#3. Make a really awesome bookshelf In progress~ signed up for a woodworking class.
#6. Bike around one of the islands In progress~ got a bike.
#11. Publish one of my poems (and not self-published) In progress. Writing poems on my phone.
#19. Organize a serious charity knitting project In progress~ emails have been sent!

Mods...

#9. Bike a century (160km) in two days **changed from Visit my friends in Gimli see #21**
#15. Learn how to be awesome at chess and play a game with those really serious russians downtown **this one is in danger. I've no one to play chess with and the computer is boring**
#21. Go across Canada **changed from Go swimming in the Atlantic Ocean with my friends on the East coast because #9 (Gimli) and this one were too similar**
#23. Go to Vietnam with Julia **changed from Do the European coastline trip with Julia ** because I really want to go to Vietnam now. Like really really. The coastline can wait.
#24. Do a whole day hike. **use to be Hike the West Coast Trail **changed to do a whole day hike because I recognize that I will not under any circumstances go over rickety bridges or unsafe ladders. I do not find it fun or exciting or anything, and it would be five times worse if I was already really tired or under pressure because of people around me*
#29
Make a 100 book reading list. **use to be Make a life list** changed because I researched life lists and they are 1. pretentious 2. sets people up for failure 3. all seem to be attaining for other peoples' ideals of what your life should look like (it's like the list itself is a sad performance to get attention) and 4. people have too much money or too much debt because these life lists are bonkers.

With that being said... got any book suggestions?

1 comment:

rachel said...

i love chess :)